Significant and Special Moments
Spanning St. Francis Home 62 Year History
Photo dated 1970's, provided by Saginaw: Labor & Leisure, Roberta Morey.
St Francis Home is the only Catholic Skilled Nursing Home to serve all 11 counties within the Saginaw diocese. They include counties in Eastern Mid-Michigan within the Roman Catholic Province of Detroit: Arenac, Bay, Clare, Gladwin, Gratiot, Huron, Isabella, Midland, Saginaw, Sanilac, and Tuscola. The diocese encompasses 6,955-square-miles of land and is home to 101,000 Catholics.
- 1950 - Nursing Home opens in 1953 at 1407 Janes St. Saginaw
- 1960 - Serving the elderly with skilled nursing offering 20 beds
- 1968 - The Diocese of Saginaw transferred 14 acres to 915 N. River Rd., Saginaw
- 1970 - Diocese of Saginaw completes the build of a 100 bed nursing home, operated by the Felician Sisters of Livonia-Sister Jane Marie Lebiedzinski Administrator
- 47 Served Annual
- 60 Served Annual
- 98 Served Annual
- The Religious Sisters of Mercy in Alma, Sister Margaret Mary Turner becomes Administrator
- Elders Served 120
- Elders Served 147
- Elders Served 150
- Elders Served 167
- CMS 5 Star Rated Overall
- Elders Served 185
- CMS 5 Star Rated Overall,
- Governors Award of Excellence,
- U.S. NEWS “Best Nursing Home”
- CMS 5 Star Rated Overall,
- U.S. NEWS “ Best Nursing Home”
- Renovation Project beginning with a new roof on the Legacy Building
Demographic changes create an urgent need
Nationally, the growth in the number and proportion of older adults is unprecedented in the history of the United States- Report of Aging & Health in America 2013.
Reports by 2030, ages 65+ will make up 20% of the Population
- Longer Life Spans
- Aging Baby Boomers
Locally, we are already only a percentage away. Mid-Michigan sits at 18.9% of total population 65+ over an 11 county average, which places this market higher than the states average
The opportunity for our organizational to help
Historical Truths of Service
From trend and report data compiled over the past 50 years,
From 20 (1960) to 185 (2014) This represents a 825% Increase in Service Deliverables
Organizational strength & capacity to handle increased need
St. Francis Home has been servicing the elder population for more than 6 decades and is the longest standing nursing home in the market.
This equates to approximately 5100 elders served, since 1953.
- With a current employed staff of 144 and a growing volunteer base, St Francis Home is fully capable to handle the increasing needs of this growing population of ages 65 years and older.
- Is the highest ranked skilled nursing home in the Market 5 Star CMS rating overall 2013, 2014, 2015 U.S. News World Report nationally recognized as a top performing nursing facility.